22 Juli 2009

Oh my, so very beautiful!

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

When I was at Nuremberg lately,as always, I fetched the new catalogue of Gudrun Sjoden. Although I am not the biggest fan of her fashion, I often like her colour combinations, her patterns of big flowers, birds and dots, and especially the settings in which the pictures where taken.

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

And the biggest joy for me to start a new day is to have the very first hour at mornings only for myself, to drink my first cup of coffe and leaf through a magazine with lots of pictures. I am not very social at this time, nor do I like to read or even worse to talk. No, all I am longing for is to sit in completely silence and revel in something nice.

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

And this new catalogue was a real good choice for my morning today, I so much love it that I immediately felt the urge to share those beautiful, beautiful pictures with you. They are taken in Hungary, but the style is a mix of Dalarna (the home of Carl Larsson), Russia, Hungary and Scandinavia.
Isn´t the blue wall and the Granny Square blanket gorgeous mixed together?

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

Here I especially love the mixture of the pillow fabrics,....................

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

.....the wonderfully coloured and printed shawl here with it´s tiny tassels,.........

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

.......and now let´s look very closed at the rose plate hanging on the wall (gorgeous!),.......

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

........and the pattern of this cardigan is the best inspiration for a cushion, isn´t it?

Gudrun Sjoden catalogue

But my best loved picture is the one above, absolutely divine the embroidery on the white background - the roses and flowers and the colours and simply everything. How I wish to find such an embroidery to embellish my kitchen with new curtains.

Oh, and before I forget: Please excuse the bad quality of my pictures, but I was so in a hurry to show them to you. Better you order a copy of the new magazine for yourself and see it all in it´s full beauty!